MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Nov. 11 – End 1st Trimester
Nov. 11 – Bunco Night (see more info below)
Nov. 14 – Begin 2nd Trimester
Nov. 21-25 – Thanksgiving Holidays
Dec. 16 – 11am dismissal
Dec. 19-30 – Christmas Holidays
Jan. 2 – New Year Holiday
Jan. 12 – 3:30-7:00pm P/T/S conf.
Jan. 13 – 11am dismissal, P/T/S conf. 11:45am
A special congratulations to Samantha Bowling, Ascension Class of 2021, who participated in the Kentucky Association for Academic Competition, JV Challenge and received 3rd Place in the Language Arts Written Assessment! You make Ascension proud Samantha!
Server training will be offered on Sunday 11/13 after the 10:30 mass. We welcome and pray for our young parishioners called by Christ to take part in stewardship. As parents and parishioners, we need to support our younger members and encourage them to actively participate in the liturgy. Younger members of the parish can use this opportunity to grow in faith and service while assisting Father with Mass. Please motivate those you know to join in faith, by their gift of time and talent, and may the Holy Spirit guide our families into finding ways all members can give back to the parish community.
FROM THE PTO
1. Bunco is THIS FRIDAY! Please plan to join us! You can get tickets at this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bunco-night-tickets-442375084787. You can also purchase your ticket at the door!
2. Find our November newsletter here: https://sites.google.com/view/ascensionpto/monthly-newsletter
3. PTO Meeting is tonight at 6:30 in the library! Please join us!
4. Our next restaurant night is next Tuesday 11/15 from 11a-10p at Jaggers! You must present a physical flyer. Be on the lookout for those next week or find them here: https://sites.google.com/view/ascensionpto/restaurant-fundraiser-nights
EMS WINNERS FOR THE WEEK OF 10/31/22
Date, $Prize, Winner, Seller & Grade
10/31 $25 Brittany Hesley, Landon Spencer Gr.2
11/01 $25 Joel Logsdon, Joanna Logsdon Gr.6
11/02 $25 Matt Lindsey, McKenna Lindsey Gr.6
11/03 $25 Chrissy Lally, Evie Larosa Gr.6
11/04 $25 Elmwood Mgmt., McKenna Lindsey Gr.6
TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR 2023-2024
The tuition assistance application for 2023-2024 opened on October 15, 2022. The deadline is November 30, 2022, for the first round of funding. Awards will be available on March 1, 2023, earlier than ever! The application will be online beginning October 15, 2022, www.ceflou.org. You must apply yearly for financial assistance. Here is a link to an informational video: https://www.ceflou.org/tuition-assistance-explainer/
PULL TABS COLLECTION-KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
Please continue to save your pull tabs. Every little bit helps. Together we can make a difference. For more information on Kids Cancer Alliance please visit kidscanceralliance.org or contact K of C coordinator John McCarthy at email@example.com.
All proceeds benefit the Kids Cancer Alliance (KCA) and Indian Summer Camp (ISC). Pull tabs can be sent in to the school office at any time.
If you shop Amazon, please consider shopping AmazonSmile! It is the same Amazon you know (same products, same prices, same service)! Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Ascension! Please support Ascension School by continuing your shopping with Amazon at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/61-0652304. It is a win-win for Ascension and our students!
Our organization is listed as Church of the Ascension School Louisville, KY.
You can do this on your iPhone & Android phones:
1. Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
2. Join Amazon Smile. Simply sign up by selecting Church of the Ascension School Louisville, Ky
3. Turn on Amazon Smile. Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu. Tap on “Amazon Smile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
AmazonSmile in the app is not available for iPads and other tablet devices. To shop AmazonSmile on your tablet, type smile.amazon.com into the browser.
BOX TOPS COLLECTION
Did you know that Ascension is a Box Tops school? During this challenging time, our teachers and students need more help than ever. No matter what school looks like, Box Tops for Education is a fast and easy way for you to help out from home.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Buy participating products and use the Box Tops mobile app to scan your store receipt. The app identifies eligible products and automatically adds Box Tops to your school’s earnings online. Even if you’re shopping online or doing grocery pickup, you can still submit your e-receipts and earn Box Tops. Twice a year, our school gets a check!
The PTO uses money earned from Box Tops to fund our iPad program and other classroom needs for our students!
Here’s how YOU can help earn money for our school!
• DOWNLOAD the Box Tops app and select our school to support. This ensures that your Box Tops purchases count toward our school’s earnings.
• SHOP for Box Tops products and use the app to scan your receipt to add to our school’s earnings online.
• LOOK for any remaining Box Tops clips on packages. If you find some, clip them and send them to school!
• SPREAD THE WORD about Box Tops!
FUN TIP: You can also use the “Invite Friends” feature in the app to ask friends and family to help support our school!
Your earnings may seem small, but they really do add up. The more people that participate, the bigger the impact we can make. So let’s give our teachers the support they need and help give more kids the opportunity to dream. Little by little, we can help make a BIG difference.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW BOX TOPS WORKS AT BTFE.COM
Student’s who are absent should be phoned in or emailed to Ms. Thomas by 8:15am. There is a 24 hour message system for you to phone in absences, 451-2535 ext. 22.
Also, it is very important that your child/ren arrive at school on time daily! Students should be in their class and chair by 7:55am. If your child is late, you must come in to sign them in. Thank you!