3 Year Old Preschool
Our Goals for your Preschoolers Education at Ascension
Our four areas of focus are concerned with the total and unique growth and development of your child. We seek to promote:
Ascension teaches your preschooler to gain higher-level thinking skills by:
- Implementing daily calendar math activities to teach about sequence of events, patterns, number recognition & counting.
- Designing learning centers to teach about estimating, making predictions, experimenting, drawing conclusions, building, manipulating and creating.
- Introducing high-quality children’s literature to promote the love of reading.
- Providing Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum to encourage your child to learn letter recognition, fine motor skillS and practice handwriting.
- Teaching phonemic awareness through hands on activities, movement & music.
- Fostering brain development through the use of our Minds in Motion Maze.
Social & Emotional Development
Ascension guides your child in developing a healthy self esteem by:
- Promoting the development of self-confidence.
- Teaching children to share and be responsible to other members of the group.
- Maintaining classroom-helpers to practice carrying out classroom responsibilities.
- Modeling social concepts such as “please” and “thank you.”
- Leading daily classroom conversations and community-building discussions.
- Encouraging cooperation and sharing with others.
Ascension coaches your preschooler in developing gross and fine motor skills by:
- Teaching Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum, art activities, and manipulatives to enhance fine-motor skills.
- Planning activities on our playground and gym to strengthen coordination and gross motor skills through running, jumping, and throwing activities.
- Attending PE each week.
- Offering healthy food choices for snacks and meals.
Ascension mentors for your child’s religious education by:
- Developing and awareness of God and Creation.
- Developing the ability to talk to God through song and prayer.