MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Sept. 13 – 6:30pm PTO meeting
Sept. 14 – Parish Potluck
Sept. 15 – 3rd turn-in for EMS tickets
Sept. 18 – 5pm-7pm Family Ministry Initiative
Sept. 20 – Ascension Night at Roosters (see below)
Sept. 22 – 4th turn-in for EMS tickets
Sept. 26-30 – Out-of-Uniform for $1/per day (Gr. 8 Grand Canyon fundraiser)
Sept. 29 – Last turn-in for EMS tickets
Oct. 5 – 3:30pm-7:00pm pts conferences
Oct. 6 – 11:00am dismissal, pts conferences 11:45
Oct. 7 – 10 No school
Trivia night is quickly creeping up. Join the Ascension PTO for Fright Night: A Halloween Trivia Event. The event is Saturday, October 15th in the gym. Grab your table of 8 and purchase your tickets today on Eventbrite!
Sponsorships for rounds are still available! If you want to get your company name out to our community as a whole, email Adrian Bates at Adrian.Bates@gmail.com for more information.
The winning trivia team will win $500 and the best-decorated table will win $100!!
If you would like to volunteer to work the event please email Chris Neichter at email@example.com or find the Sign Up Genius on the Ascension PTO Facebook page:
BOOK FAIR – OCT. 3 – OCT. 6
The book fair will be Monday, October 3rd – Thursday, October 6th. The book fair will be opened for parents during lunch and conferences. More info on the book fair to come next week. If you would like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priesthood Sunday is Sunday, September 25th, a special day set aside to honor priesthood in the United States. If you would like to write Fr. Adam a special card to thank him for his faithful service to Ascension, we will have a basket in the Gathering Space September 24th-25th weekend.
ASCENSION FUNDRAISER AT ROOSTERS – SEPTEMBER 20
Tickets for Rooster’s Fundraiser Night https://www.eventbrite.com/e/403608653347 . We need to purchase tickets ahead of time so that Roosters can prepare enough food! Your ticket covers all you can eat buffet, drinks, tip for the server, and a donation back to PTO!
PARISH POTLUCK – SEPTEMBER 14
On behalf of Fr. Adam we would like to invite all of you to join us for a potluck!
September 14, 2022
5-6 PM: Social Hour
6-7 PM: Dinner (Cafeteria)
7-8 PM: Adoration
The parish will provide the main entree and drinks including soft drinks, beer, and other malt beverages. We ask the following according to your last name:
H-O: Side Dish
Please RSVP by 9/7/2022
– Tickets for Rooster’s Fundraiser Night, Sept. 20, 6pm – 9pm, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/403608653347
– Remember to sell your Easy Money Sweepstakes tickets! You should have received paper tickets at Back to School Night and here is the link for online ticket sales. https://www.ascension-parish.com/easy-money-sweepstakes/
– Information about Easy Money Sweepstakes can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/ascensionpto/ems-tickets
– Our first PTO meeting of the year is September 13 at 6:30 pm
– Tickets for Trivia Night, October 15, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/405900317777
Many thanks to those of you using Amazon Smiles, we received a check in the amount of $164.84 for our technology program!
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Please continue to scan your grocery receipts for the Box Tops for Education program (see below on how to pariticpate). Ascension received a check in the amount of $25.20 for the last submission period (Nov. 2, 2021-March 1, 2022).
PULL TABS COLLECTION-KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
Please continue to save your pull tabs. Every little bit helps. Together we can make a difference. For more information on Kids Cancer Alliance please visit kidscanceralliance.org or contact K of C coordinator John McCarthy at email@example.com.
All proceeds benefit the Kids Cancer Alliance (KCA) and Indian Summer Camp (ISC). Pull tabs can be sent in to the school office at any time.
If you shop Amazon, please consider shopping AmazonSmile! It is the same Amazon you know (same products, same prices, same service)! Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Ascension! Please support Ascension School by continuing your shopping with Amazon at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/61-0652304. It is a win-win for Ascension and our students!
Our organization is listed as Church of the Ascension School Louisville, KY.
You can do this on your iPhone & Android phones:
1. Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
2. Join Amazon Smile. Simply sign up by selecting Church of the Ascension School Louisville, Ky
3. Turn on Amazon Smile. Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu. Tap on “Amazon Smile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
AmazonSmile in the app is not available for iPads and other tablet devices. To shop AmazonSmile on your tablet, type smile.amazon.com into the browser.
BOX TOPS COLLECTION
Did you know that Ascension is a Box Tops school? During this challenging time, our teachers and students need more help than ever. No matter what school looks like, Box Tops for Education is a fast and easy way for you to help out from home.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Buy participating products and use the Box Tops mobile app to scan your store receipt. The app identifies eligible products and automatically adds Box Tops to your school’s earnings online. Even if you’re shopping online or doing grocery pickup, you can still submit your e-receipts and earn Box Tops. Twice a year, our school gets a check!
The PTO uses money earned from Box Tops to fund our iPad program and other classroom needs for our students!
Here’s how YOU can help earn money for our school!
• DOWNLOAD the Box Tops app and select our school to support. This ensures that your Box Tops purchases count toward our school’s earnings.
• SHOP for Box Tops products and use the app to scan your receipt to add to our school’s earnings online.
• LOOK for any remaining Box Tops clips on packages. If you find some, clip them and send them to school!
• SPREAD THE WORD about Box Tops!
FUN TIP: You can also use the “Invite Friends” feature in the app to ask friends and family to help support our school!
Your earnings may seem small, but they really do add up. The more people that participate, the bigger the impact we can make. So let’s give our teachers the support they need and help give more kids the opportunity to dream. Little by little, we can help make a BIG difference.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW BOX TOPS WORKS AT BTFE.COM
Student’s who are absent should be phoned in or emailed to Ms. Thomas by 8:15am. There is a 24 hour message system for you to phone in absences, 451-2535 ext. 22.
Also, it is very important that your child/ren arrive at school on time daily! Students should be in their class and chair by 7:55am. If your child is late, you must come in to sign them in. Thank you!